Show-up 15 minutes prior to the start of warm-up – this allows you to check-in for your days events…i.e.…. highlight your name and events that you are swimming for that day, usually located in the hallway at the host pool…Next you need to announce your arrival with a coach…. It is also a good idea to get familiar with the facility…and finally this give you time to get changed and get to the team area before the start of warm-up.
· Stay in the team area…this allows the coaches to best be able to make sure that each athlete is ready for their event and behind the blocks at the appropriate time…prior to swimming your event, meet with a coach to receive a race plan…and after you swim your race visit with a coach to receive a post-race analysis….finally it shows team spirit and support for other liquid lightning swimmers…
· Ask permission to go somewhere…please ask a coach to go to the bathroom or get something to eat or visit with your parents…it makes our job easier if we know where you are…also, again being ready for your event or relays…
· Things to bring in your team swim bag
1. Extra cap and goggles- caps rip and goggles can break
2. Extra towel – always a good idea to be able to dry off
3. T-shirt or sweatshirt and sweatpants…once you have properly warmed-up for your days events you want stay warm….you stand the best chance to swim your best when your body maintains a better core body temperature…ie…you don’t want your skin to be cool…the best choice of apparel to wear would be team apparel….this also should be different from the clothes you wore to the pool.